Saturday, January 3, 2009

BORED and a Contest


I have been so bored for the past week. We didn't go anywhere for New Year's Eve. We sat here on the sofa watching Top 100 Hard Rock Songs on VH1.

The only thing I have managed to do this week is to take my ornies off my tree. So now it's time to wait and see how long it takes my husband to take the tree down. That is always a joke between me and my friends and here is why.

The first year we moved here we had a small 6ft tree and it was way to small for our new house, so Scott went and got a huge 8ft tree. I was so excited and purchased a ton of new ornaments. Well Christmas came and went that was 2006. I took all the ornaments off and put them away except for the angel on top that I couldn't reach.

Well, January went by and the tree was still up. Then Feb., March, April, May and then June came and the freaking tree was still in the living room. I do have to admit that I was so ticked that I put eggs and ribbon on it for Easter and Scott didn't even notice them at all.

Needless to say that by June I was ready to rip every branch off the tree just to get it out of my way. Well our air unit messed up and Scott finally removed the tree. He said he didn't want the worker to think he was crazy with a Christmas tree with nothing on it still up.

So now on to Christmas 2007. This was the worst, he left the darn thing up for the entire year. I was so pissed I swore I was not going to put anything on the tree, but of course I did.

So now that brings us to Christmas 2008 and today is 1-3-09 and I can't wait to see how long it takes for him to remove the tree. I think I am actually going to have a contest to see what others guess and will offer a prize. I just came up with this while typing this so I will post a picture for the prize that can be won and a picture of our naked tree. All you have to do is post a comment with your guess date and I will keep everyone updated.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Retha! I had to chuckle with your tree story... sorry! Tell him next year you want a real tree then when all the needles fall off he will want to remove the stick tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Retha,
    Love your blog, and that tree story had me cracking up~~ I put you in favorites girl so I will be checking back a lot~
    hugs, Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am guessing April 15th, I don't know why I picked that date. I just reached up and grabbed it outta my tush~hehehehehe=)

    Colleen~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness . . sorry for laughing, but wow! I thought I kept my tree up for a long time (it's real), as I just took it down last night. But anyway, hey, why not go with a real tree next year and then he will HAVE to take it out, cuz you can't deal with a fire hazard and needles falling off throughout the year! LOL .. I don't know. Men! Good luck with getting it down this year . . I'll guess . . hmmm . . . Feb. 15th (tell him he HAS to take it down if he loves ya!).

    ReplyDelete