Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Out with the Old & In with the New"

It is New Year's Eve 2008 and in 24 hours people around the world will be toasting in the New Year in many different ways.

As I have set here tonight I have thought about 2008 and decided I would like more out of life in 2009. I am not a spring chicken any longer with just turning 40 On Thanksgiving.

I don't want to call these New Years resolutions, because I know with that word being typed that I will break everyone of them. So with that being said I would like to say these will be my hopes and dreams for the New Year.

1. I would love to learn how to make my blog wonderful!! I see so many blogs and think to myself, man if I only new how to do that to my blog. Any suggestions would be great!!

2. I would love to learn html codes. This is something I think I really need to know when you own a website as I do.

3. I would like to find a job outside of my house. For the first time in 2 years I am ready to go back into the work force and to stop asking my husband to pay for everything. Times are hard for everyone and I would like to give him a little bit of a break.

4. One of the most important things I would like is to stop feeling sorry for myself and put on my big girl panties and deal with things better than I have in the past.

5. I need to get over the fact that I am bi-polar and that I must take medicines for the rest of my life regardless of how I feel about medications. I also need to realize that I am not the only one who is bi-polar and that it is nothing to be ashamed of.

6. I want to get my website back up and running full speed within the next week. (even though I have no clue how to put my new graphics on my site.......lol)

7. I would like to add at least 1 new item to my site every week.

8. I want to get more into sewing. My friend Shari, who has taught me so much said she thought I would really like sewing and guess what she was right. I find it to be really relaxing and then to see the finished product is so exciting to me. Also, I need to stop thinking people will think my sewn items are horrible even though I know they aren't.

9. I want to find a craft mall or antique store where I can have a booth and get my products out in the publics eyes.

10. Most important thing this year is to continue to share my time with friends both old and new.

I want to take this time to invite everyone who reads my blog to sign up to follow my blog and to keep up with my sometimes crazy life. I promise it will only get better on here. I have always liked writing and now with my blog I can do it as much as I want.

I have a live traffic feed on here and I love seeing all the places that the viewers are visiting from and have notice a lot of visitors from right here in the great state of North Carolina and that is exciting to me. I would love to get to know each and every person that visits my blog so please leave a comment if you have the time.

So, ok enough for now. I want to wish each and every one of you a very Happy New Year!!

Until Next Time......
Retha

2 comments:

  1. I really like your 2009 list for a better year.. lets see if you can achieve it all... I will keeping an eye on your progress.

    I love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to #4 sister! I hear that and feel your pain on that one girl~

    Ciao
    C~

    ReplyDelete