Monday, December 22, 2008

As I have gotten older....

As I have gotten older, I can't get over how much I have changed my ways of thinking.

I went and set up at the Flea Market this past weekend and boy that was my first mistake. I know when you make and sell primitive items, the type of person that purchases your item must like such decor. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that the flea market is not the type of place I will ever set up again to try and sell my products.

OK, so the second thing is that I use to live in Winston-Salem before I got married and I have always loved animals and it was hard for me to get over that they did not sell dogs/cats at the pet stores. It was some type of law.

So here I am at this flea market and it was like puppy farm from hell. Every aisle you went down there were crates and crates of dogs there to be sold. I don't thing I have ever seen so many puppies at one place in my life. There were so many pit bull puppies in all colors and sizes that it was so sad.

What I couldn't understand was how were they allowed to sell those poor babies at the flea market when they can't even be sold in pets store in that town and also what happens to the ones that they don't sell?

OK, so last but not least this just simply sent me over the edge. I noticed this on Saturday and never thought anything of it until Sunday.

There were these two little girls who looked to be between 8 and 10 years old, gong up and down the aisle selling candy bars for $1.00 each and if you didn't want any candy then they would ask for a donation.

Well the person that had a booth beside me left on Saturday so there was an empty space where he was. So around noon I saw this mother bring the same girls from Saturday to that booth and said ok sell from here, and I was like what are they doing. In other words I didn't want them begging for money beside of me.

Well I did find out that the office rented them that booth for the day. Also I had heard the mother say they were selling the candy to pay for a trip. So me being who I am I ask one of the girls so where are you going on your trip and she said Florida. I was like ok they must be going to Disney World.

So this man that had a booth across from me ask the mother later on to see what the deal was, since these girls were gong into other vendors booths asking people to buy the candy and the mother told him that they are planning a trip for the summer and were selling candy to pay for that.

I'm sorry I simply didn't like that at all. I was not for the Girl Scouts, the Brownies the kids school or church, but it was for a summer vacation. So the next time I want to go to Vegas I guess I will go to Sam's Club or Costco and buy candy bars in large boxes and go wonder flea markets and make my vacation money!!!

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but to me it was nothing more than begging. Needless to say I have learned my lesson and had my fill of the flea market.

Until Next Time......

Retha

No comments:

Post a Comment